At the recent Content Marketing World Conference, several presenters discussed the value of email marketing and provided some email marketing tips. Email marketing is another example of how words can lead to sales.
One organization, Emma® Email Marketing, provided several statistics about email marketing, from who reads email marketing material to when and where they read it.
Based on what I learned at the conference and from Emma, the following are the Top Ten Email Marketing Stats B2B Marketers Should Know:
1. More than half of all email marketing material is now viewed on mobile devices.
2. The human fingertip is 46 square pixels, so size your email buttons and links with this in mind.
3. People check their mobile phones on average 150 times per day.
4. About 80 percent of people scan email marketing material; having a bold image can help them stop scanning and start reading.
5. Subscribers who receive a “welcome note” when subscribing to a newsletter show 33 percent more long-term engagement with that company or organization.
6. Email conversion rates are 40 times those of Facebook and Twitter.
7. Adding video to your email marketing material can increase click rates by 300 percent.
8. The main reason people unsubscribe from an email is not that they necessarily do not like your email marketing material but that they receive too much of it or too many marketing emails overall.
9. Eye-tracking data show that most people gravitate toward images of people when scanning email marketing material.
10. Finally, to answer the questions everyone asks—When should I send out my newsletter or email marketing material?—the answer is not what day but what time. Nearly 60 percent of all adults check their email as soon as they wake up in the morning every day of the week.