Many people are doing something they have always wanted to do: be a writer and, even better, getting published. They are doing this using LinkedIn’s new “Pulse” service, which allows LinkedIn users to add articles, blogs, and commentary, as well as images to their profiles.
However, just so you don’t get lost in the online publishing clouds, according to a recently released survey of 3,000 LinkedIn postings, here are some tips on getting your articles read by other LinkedIn professionals as well as attracting major search engines:
- Longer appears to be better. While most trade publication editors will tell you they do not want online articles over 1,000 words, it appears that posts slightly under 2,000 words perform better and get more readers.
- Keep the titles of your articles short. LinkedIn will cut the title automatically if it is more than 50 characters and this usually includes spaces.
- Add “eight” images to your posts. Posts with eight images tend to get 2.4 times more readers than those with seven or fewer images.
- Stick to words. Video and other forms of multimedia do not seem to work their magic on LinkedIn.
- Use multiple headers and different sized headers (header 1; header 2; etc.). Headers get the attention of search engines.
- Keep it easy to read. The more difficult it is to read, the lower the Flesch-Kincald reading score, which can lower search engine optimization.
- If someone on LinkedIn “likes” your post, that is the first step to success; your post is now viewable to more second-level connections.* *The study was commissioned by OKDork and published at TopDogMedia.
- Research, answering one of the most frequently asked questions, is also showing the best day to post on LinkedIn. Thursdays get the most views, without question. And, if you are using LinkedIn to make connections or to “IN Mail” a prospect, Thursdays are once again the day to do it.
Is your sales team struggling to get appointments due to lack of brand recognition? Possibly we can help. Contact Altura and let’s see: email@example.com