Survey Reveals What B2B Website Visitors Want on B2B Websites
Chicago, IL – March 31, 2021 – A new survey published by two business-to-business (B2B) marketing companies asked more than 400 B2B professionals what they looked for – and found the most helpful – when visiting B2B websites. *
In some cases, the study found what visitors are looking for and what marketing people are giving them do not always correlate.
However, the survey found that only 24 percent of the site visitors were interested in this. Instead, they were far more interested in such thing as:
- Convenient search boxes (69 percent)
- Live chat/chatbots (45 percent)
- Social media links and slideshows (about 35 percent)
- 24 percent preferred having dates posted on blogs than a “compelling brand message” or company “story.“
What visitors did not want to see on company websites, but which many marketers viewed as important, were calls to action (80 percent), gated content requiring contact information to view (32 percent), and pop-up boxes (11 percent).
In other areas, however, there was close agreement, according to Robert Kravitz with AlturaSolutions, a B2B Inbound Marketing company for the jansan, food service, Green, and security industries.
For instance, Kravitz noted there was close alignment among visitors and marketers on the following:
- The site should answer questions about the company’s products or services.
- Easy navigation is a big plus.
- Providing expert advice is something visitors like to see and marketers like to offer.
- Videos and visuals are also characteristics both visitors and marketers believe are essential.
“Interestingly, many marketers did not believe a B2B website needed to have a ‘beautiful design,'” says Kravitz.
“However, visitors in the survey disagreed and liked to see an attractively designed website. Further, they believe having ‘team bios’ on the site was also important.”
And one more thing, adds Kravitz. “Visitors like to read reviews and testimonials. Other studies have found this is especially true if they are making a purchasing decision.”
For more information, visit www.alturasolutions.com
Headshot image here
* Study conducted by Orbit Studios and Asend2.
About AlturaSolutions Communications
AlturaSolutions is a 20-year-old communications company that has worked with some of the largest and most-respected companies in the professional cleaning, food service, facility management, Green and security industry sectors. Based in Chicago, AlturaSolutions Communications publishes articles discussing the value, benefits, and features of its clients’ products and services. The company is a strong believer in the importance and value of trade publications. For more information, visit www.alturasolutions.com.