How to Select A Janitorial Cart
Toledo, OH – The janitorial cart is one of the most essential tools any cleaning worker can have. Selecting the right cart can make work easier, faster, and undoubtedly less stressful.
However, according to Scott Grosteffon, marketing manager for Impact Products, there are some key factors to consider before selecting a janitorial cart. Among them are the following:
• Surface Area: Test the cart to make sure it can be easily maneuvered over carpet as well as hard surface floors. Large rubber wheels should not be an issue.
• Sound: If the cart is to be used during daylight hours, evaluate the cart to see how quiet it is. Typically, a more silent cart will have 3² wheels in the front and 8² wheels in the back.
• Size: Carts come in different sizes. Typically, it should be about 35² long and 23² wide. This is large enough to carry several cleaning items, including a 20-gal. or 32-gal. refuse container, but small enough to maneuver through most doorways.
• Environment: If the cart is to be used outside, it is best to select one made of more durable materials, such as high-impact foam polyethylene, to withstand different climates and temperatures.
• Supply Holders: Before choosing a cart, determine what cleaning tools will be carried on the cart. Some carts are designed to carry a few items, others to carry many items including an upright vacuum cleaner, several spray bottles, a mop and mop bucket, and a large trash container.
• Handles: Ensure the handles are as far away from the trash container as possible. It’s more sanitary.
• Aesthetics: The janitorial cart is a reflection of the professionalism of the cleaning worker. Select an aesthetically pleasing janitorial cart and keep it clean.
• Add-Ons: Some carts are designed so that attachments can be added, for instance, to carry more cleaning solutions or supplies.
“Some [janitorial] carts are even made so that they can be recycled,” says Scott Grosteffon, marketing manager for Impact Products. “That helps promote sustainability, which most cleaning contractors and managers are now focused on.”
Keywords: janitorial cart, janitorial cart bags, janitorial cart wheels, janitorial cart accessories, janitorial cleaning cart
Teaser: Selecting the right janitorial cart can make work easier, faster, and undoubtedly less stressful. Here some key factors to consider before selecting a janitorial cart.
About Impact Products
Impact Products is a manufacturer and supplier of branded and private-label nonchemical commercial cleaning, maintenance, safety and related products. The company’s offering encompasses a full suite of janitorial products including floor care products, waste receptacles, washroom accessories, gloves and safety products. Impacting Everything: Easier, Safer, Better.
Markets served by the company include commercial cleaning, industrial services, health care, government, schools, office buildings, hospitality and foodservice. Founded in 1963, Impact’s broad customer base is served out of Toledo, OH, Riverside, CA, and Purvis, Mississippi. Impact Products, LLC is a division of the S.P. Richards Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Genuine Parts Company (NYSE: GPC). Visit us at www.impact-products.com/.
Company Contact Information: