AlturaSolutions helps businesses grow by turning words into sales. This was published for client Kaivac.
Hamilton, OH – There are several brands of cooler case refrigeration systems found in supermarkets, delis, and convenience stores. While they may differ in features and benefits, they all share two things in common:
- They will require servicing from time to time.
- They all require proper, regular, and effective cleaning.
In fact, lack of cleaning or improper cleaning is the number one reason these refrigeration systems need servicing.
“One of the big problems is dust and debris,” says Mike Perazzo with Kaivac, manufacturers of supermarket cooler case cleaning systems. “Dust and debris collect on evaporator coils and other components, and as it collects, the unit will run hot. This eventually leads to [a] premature breakdown.”
To help prevent this and keep refrigeration equipment clean, Perazzo suggests the following:
- Check evaporator coils every couple of months; “this may require removing screws and some disassembling, but it must be done.”
- Perform regular “quick cleans.” If coils are soiled, wipe clean or vacuum to remove dust and dust build-up. “If wiping, the cleaning cloth may become damp and soiled. Be sure and change the cleaning cloth frequently, so it does not begin spreading, instead of removing dust.”
- Inspect gaskets on doors and drawers. These seal the unit so it runs more efficiently. “But dust and soil can build up here as well, damaging the seal. In most cases, these areas will need to be wiped clean.”
- Perform regular “deep cleans.” At least every three months, cooler case refrigeration systems will need deep cleaning. Retailers can now do this in-house using cooler case cleaning systems. These systems gently pressure spray the cooler shelving and components, and then vacuum-up soils, contaminants, and moisture.
The goals of frequent and effective cleaning are twofold, adds Perazzo. “Not only does it delay servicing, but the system also runs more efficiently. This reduces energy consumption, a big cost saving.”
Connect With Kaivac
About Kaivac, Inc.
Kaivac is the developer of the No-Touch Cleaning® and OmniFlex™ Crossover Cleaning systems. Headquartered in Hamilton, Ohio, Kaivac, Inc. delivers complete science-based cleaning systems designed to produce healthy results and outcomes while raising the value of cleaning operations and the professionalism of the worker. Kaivac offers an integrated portfolio of environmentally friendly cleaning products designed to remove the maximum amount of soil and potentially harmful biopollutants in the most cost-effective manner possible.