Predictions About the Future of Water…it all comes down to the numbers
Vista, CA – The future is always hard to predict. However, when it comes to water consumption and water demand, there is no need for a crystal ball. Much of it comes down to the numbers, most of which we have already.
Based on the numbers, Waterless Co., a leading manufacturer of no-water urinals and other restroom products, lists the following six predictions about the future of water:
- By 2020, as much as 40 percent of the world will experience water scarcity, much the result of climate change
- By 2025, about two-thirds of the world’s population will be living in water-stressed areas; water stress occurs when the demand for water from consumers, businesses, and industry exceeds the supply of water available, temporarily or permanently
- In 1990, 20 countries were experiencing water stress; by 2025, the UN says that it will jump to 30
- The global “middle class” will grow to nearly 5 billion people by 2030; this will further increase the demand for fresh water
- India’s current water supply is about 740 billion cubic meters; by 2030, it will need 1.5 trillion cubic meters
- The assessment of global water security by U.S. Intelligence says that by 2030, “annual global water requirements” will exceed “current sustainable water supplies” by 40 percent.
“While these numbers do look grim, they don’t tell the complete picture,” says Klaus, Reichardt, CEO, and Founder of Waterless Co.
“New technologies are available that can bolster water supplies and reduce water consumption. For instance, China is developing desalination projects that are pumping millions of gallons into their water supplies. Plus, technologies are now available that can reduce water consumption and use it more efficiently in restrooms, agriculture, and industry.”
Waterless Co. Inc. has established a well-respected reputation as being an innovative manufacturer of no-water urinal systems. Based in Vista, Ca, the nearly 30 year-old company is the oldest manufacturer of waterless urinals in North America. The company offers a full line of Waterless No-Flush urinals, cleaning liquids, and cost saving accessories. Visit: www.waterless.com
Waterless Co. Inc.
1050 Joshua Way
Vista, CA 92081 USA
Media Contact: Robert Kravitz